Friday, July 18, 2008

Update: Prospective passport picture perfect

For those who have been following my saga (see three previous posts), this post is a long time coming. Today, I went BACK to the Service Canada office to have my passport application screened and paid for. I sat there waiting for over half an hour, but in time I got called to go to the next available desk. There were a few nervous moments, as I had a different person screening my application this time, and she seemed a bit unsure about things after I explained everything to her. (She didn't exactly seem like a prime candidate to join the local chapter of MENSA, if that tells you anything.) Anyway, eventually we get things sorted out and they take the application, I make payment, and leave with receipt in tow. Now, the fact that I had to send in my Certificate of Canadian Citizenship in with my application means that for the next 5 or 6 weeks I can't even drive over the US border. Granted, I didn't exactly have any immediate plans to drive to the States, but it's always comforting to know the option is there.

Oh, and I went to the Rogers store. They had 2 8GB iPhones in stock, but I'm holding out for the 16GB. Unless of course the Blackberry Bold comes out soon. GAH!!! I can't decide!!! (Yes I can, I'm going iPhone! For now...)

1 comment:

Visichy said...

Glad you got your paperwork sorted out and shipped off. FWIW, mine came back a few weeks faster than they predicted so you may have the option to border hop sooner than you expected :)