Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Update: Passport Photo Woes

Ok, so after I couldn't get my pictures retaken yesterday after work (see yesterday's post), I decided to try today. After work, I drove over to Sears. I walk in and once again the Portrait Studio was dark. This time, however, there was no sign, nobody there, nothing! I walked around to find anyone that might be able to help me. I found someone in the Electronics department who tried to call around, and eventually took me over to the Catalogue desk. Turns out that the Portrait Studio is contracted out, so they make their own hours, and just leave whenever they feel like it if they have no appointments. This is appalling!! The helpful electronics guy is going to make sure they stick around tomorrow, and I will also call in. When I go in there, I'm going to raise one hell of a fuss!! I wouldn't want to be the poor person working there tomorrow. They are going to refund my money AND retake the pictures, and I won't settle for anything less! I can't believe I have to go back three times because they just feel like closing up shop with no warning!
I've never heard of anything like that before!

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER go to Sears Portrait Studio in Lethbridge!!! (If they don't both retake my pictures AND refund my payment, I'm going to report them to the BBB!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!! I would demand my money back as well. Also, just so you know. B&W photos pass easier... for some reason they don't show the glare or something as much. Let us know how it goes.

Louisa said...

Good for you! Sounds like they're colossal idiots. Keep us updated. (P.S. I'm surprised you don't ask for your money back and then go somewhere else for the photos. I wouldn't trust them to get it right the second time.)

Visichy said...

Good luck! I'm not sure if you can get the pics taken at AMA... you might just have to pay if you aren't a member. Call them if you are interested.

I went to Superstore first but the service was TERRIBLE!!!!! One person working there, no appointments for passport pics, and the one employee was taking pictures of a family in every possible pose and combination of family members as humanly possible. As I didn't want to stay for an hour to get a 2 minute procedure done I left.

Anyways, good luck with Sears :) They are usually good about stuff but I've walked out a couple of times due to poor service... and that's with regular employees, not contractors. The pinch on finding decent employees is hitting retail stores hard I guess.