Thursday, July 17, 2008

Update: All's well that ends well! Well...

Ok, so here's the latest on the Sears studio saga... (trademark pending)

After work today, I headed over to Sears again. Lo and behold, the lights in the portrait studio were actually on!! Not only that, but someone was actually there!!! I calmly, yet sternly, explained the situation. I did use the word "ridiculous" a couple of times when explaining how I had to come back three times in order to get a refund or retakes. Well, the lady there this time was very understanding, and she offered to both refund my money and retake the photos. I was glad, because I would've felt bad yelling at her since she was so nice. Anyway, while we still had to take the pictures a dozen times or so, she actually made both a colour set and a black & white set of the best one for me to take to the passport office. Hopefully between the two sets, the passport people will be able to approve one of them. I'll find out tomorrow when I go to the passport office again.

Even the lady at the studio seemed a little unsure of why the equipment they have has such a hard time taking passport photos that meet the requirements. And I still wouldn't recommend getting your passport photos done there. That said, I'm satisfied with their eventual efforts to make amends. Stay tuned for the finale...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!! I am actually scared for the people at Sears if the passport people don't approve the pictures. Hopefully they will and the trial will be over... lol

Visichy said...

Good luck with them getting approved this time.