Sunday, November 16, 2008

I suck at blogging...

Man, I've been terrible at this lately. I guess having a girlfriend is taking away all my blogging time. (That's right, I said it. I'm dating someone. If you want details, ask me. Don't ask on here as this isn't what I'm about to blog about...)

So... A couple days ago my girlfriend, her roommate and I all go out for the evening. We went to the University for an Opera Workshop. It was entitled The World Of Operetta. Essentially it was a collection of pieces from Operettas from various composers from around the world: English, German, French, and American. It was SO GOOD!!! But this isn't what I'm blogging about...

After the show, we went to Earls for a bite. We shared a pizza and then had desserts. I had ordered a ginger ale, which will come as no surprise to those who have eaten out with me in the past. (I love a good ginger ale!) Anyway, after the pizza was finished, I took another sip from my now nearly empty ginger ale. I noticed that I had sucked up a bit of ice through the straw, but that's nothing unusual. This one small sliver of ice, however, didn't seem to melt. In fact, it didn't even feel cold. I was about to crunch down on it, when I got the thought to pull it out of my mouth. Good thing! Turns out it wasn't ice at all. It was a small shard of broken glass!!! Of course I put it down and stopped drinking from the glass. Then it occurred to me... What if I had unwittingly swallowed some broken glass?!?! What do you do for that?!?! I sat there, nearly in shock at the mere thought, consumed by worry over the possibility that I could've just damaged my entire digestive system. As the waitress came by, I mentioned the problem. She took the shard to show the manager, and the pizza was comped, and a fresh ginger ale was supplied, which I carefully and hesitantly drank. I ordered my dessert, but ate only the ice cream, leaving the chocolate cake and toffee to be taken home and eaten at my leisure. (It still sits in my fridge awaiting its consumption.) As we nervously left, I felt a little nauseous, but purely due to my nerves. I eventually got my mind off of it, and I felt better.

The next day (Saturday) I hardly thought about it all day. I had breakfast. I went shopping. I had a greasy lunch when I did think about it; I figured I might as well lubricate the glass. I went grocery shopping and watched the fights. No stressing about it. I figured I must have been fine.

Then this morning as I got out of bed I realized that I felt a pain in my gut. At first I thought it was just my body deciding it didn't feel like getting up. But as I began to move around and wake myself up, the pain didn't subside. I'm not claiming that this pain had anything to do with any glass, but after a few minutes I started to wonder. I stayed at home most of the day and tried to get my mind off of it. The pain has mostly subsided, but there's still a definite discomfort. If it's not gone by tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to see a doctor. I'll keep you posted.

Oh, and if it turns out that I did swallow glass, I'm totally suing!

10 comments:

Mrs. Alston said...

ohhh, dont be an American and sue over everything!!! (unless its done some serious damage...) be a Canadian, we dont sue!

BBKing77 said...

Ha ha, yeah. I won't sue just because I can. I mean that I'll sue if that's why I'm in pain. Especially if it causes me to miss work or something. It also would've been nice, considering what happened, for the manager to come out and apologize more formally. Rather, the waitress just came back and said the pizza was covered on the bill.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I hope everything is ok... that is a bit scary! lol

Louisa said...

I hope you're ok and all that, but the thing I think is funny is that when you emailed the family about this incident, you left off the part about having a girlfriend. :) Not that I blame you...

I hope all is well in your tummy and your love life.

The Samples Sampler said...

Sue them! Sue them!! (That's the American coming out in me!) And...expect an email from me ASAP!!

BBKing77 said...

Yeah Weeza, I did sorta leave that part out on purpose. ;) But I posted a link to here, so those who are adventurous enough can still read this version to get that scoop.

Mitch, should I assume the facebook message is the email you were referring to?

Visichy said...

I wasn't going to read the blog version since I read the e-mail version but Louisa's comment got me curious so I read it.

Sigh... we want DETAILS ;) A sentence that she exists just ain't gonna satisfy the curiousity. Oh wait, I've met her and she's cool so I'm okay. I'm speaking on behalf of those that haven't met her LOL.

Kim Siever said...

Did you just say "didn't hardly"? ;-)

BBKing77 said...

Ha ha, good catch. I did indeed.

BBKing77 said...

There... I fixed it.