Saturday, March 3, 2007

An expensive trip...

So I took a road trip to Calgary today to deliver a birthday gift to my dad, and also to do some shopping of my own. My main goal was to find myself a good leather coat. (I've looked all over Lethbridge and there's nothing.) I got a great deal on a winter coat at the Danier store in Chinook Centre. It was more than 50% off. It's a 3/4 length with a removable liner. It's probably not going to be cold enough this season for me to leave the liner in, so I've removed it and I'll start wearing it right away. (Since I'm not really in the mood to wear my Oilers coat anymore these days.) There was also another one I was considering there as well, and I almost decided to get both of them, but the other one didn't have a fully removable liner, and I figured I wouldn't wear it at all for at least 8 more months, so I settled for just the one I figured I'd get the most use out of.
I got such a good deal on the coat, I went and bought a nice $110 pair of shoes from FeetFirst. Then I spent more money on some shirts and socks from Old Navy, and a couple DVDs at HMV. What a day! (And what a drain on the wallet.)

4 comments:

Louisa said...

"...not really in the mood to wear my Oilers coat anymore..."

Gasp! You're the stalwart! You're the never-say-die Oilers fan!

Carlson02 said...

But at least you had fun, even if it was a drain on the wallet :)

Visichy said...

If you are looking for another leather jacket (probably not but...) you might be surprised what you can find in motorcycle shops. I bought mine at the Honda shop and Vince bought his at Area 51. They are technically riding jackets but look like regular leather jackets.

The nice thing is they are cut to allow more freedom of movement (as required by the riding position) and they all have removable liners to accomodate warmer days.

Some are even perforated so you can still wear them on really hot days but still have the protection for riding... but you won't need that feature until you get your cruiser :)

Silverwood said...

Now I want to see pictures of your new attire.