Thursday, January 18, 2007

Let's Go Oilers!!! (Pronger Sucks!!!)

Ok, I know Pronger didn't play tonight, but that was still the chant that began during the third period.

What an AWESOME game!!! Aside from a shaky start, the Oilers totally dominated the Ducks. This was a great first game for me. (I still can't believe I've been an Oilers fan for well over 20 yrs and this is the first time I've seen them play live.) Anyway, it was so cool to actually be there and see some of the players I've been cheering on up close. This being only the second NHL game I've ever been to (the last one was almost 12 years ago, and we were way up in the nosebleeds), it was impressive just to see how fast and skilled they are, compared to their WHL counterparts. It really was something to behold. Now I just hope Hemsky will be back in the line-up for Saturday's game vs. Calgary. I'd really like to see him turn on his jets and show some of the magic he brings to every game.

Anyway, for those not aware, the Oilers won 4-1. It was great. Smyth had 2 goals. The first of which was in classic Smyth fashion. I was just waiting for him to put a third one in, as I would've been willing to part with my hat (especially since I had just bought a new one before the game, which would've been a good replacement).

Well, that's my report for now. Feel free, as always, to comment.

5 comments:

Louisa said...

Woo hoo! Yeah, it was a great game. Let's go Oilers, Pronger sucks! :-)

Louisa said...

I wrote about the game too.
http://rokairan.blogspot.com/2007/01/bennys-first-oilers-game.html

Louisa said...

Oops, I forgot to hyperlink it. This should work: Benny's first Oilers game

Visichy said...

LOL! After the first 3 comments, I bet you're just glad I'm not weeza ;)

I really don't have anything to say except I'm glad you had a good time and be prepared for Calgary to win LOL!

The Samples Sampler said...

Ben, I am so glad you enjoyed your game. And yes Pronger sucks! I read what your sister wrote about him: He screwed Edmonton so badly that they even booed him in Calgary. LOL! I think that should become the new Edmonton chant: Pronger sucks...they should do it at concerts, football games, hockey games, anything. That's what they do here in Boston...at everything and anything they chant "Yankees suck". You know it's bad when you are at a curling match, and you hear that chant. Anyway. I can't wait to see your next blog.